15 May 2014

PALEO SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH CHILLI OIL AND GARLIC

Outstanding versatile spaghetti squash, what a great vegetable, if I was blindfolded I may have be forgiven for thinking I was eating a new style of pasta!!!  Rubbed with a hint of oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, then baked in the oven for around 1hr 20 minutes this squash will give you the freedom to have spaghetti bolognese or carbonara while remaining gluten & grain free.  This squash is so versatile not only will it act as your pasta you can also stuff the centre with meatballs mariana, chilli beef, mushroom stroganoff or any pasta sauce of your choice.  This is a winner winner paleo dinner.


INGREDIENTS
(serves 2)

1 spaghetti squash
50ml olive or avocado oil
sea salt & black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE
300ml olive or avocado oil
6 cloves garlic fine chopped
4 fresh chillies fine sliced
sea salt 
fresh ground black pepper
50g Parmesan cheese (optional)


I can not source these squashes locally as I live in a village in the uk, so for me I have to grown my own which makes me so happy, but makes these truly seasonal, which I do love, but it also means I only have a 6 month window to gorge stuff and satisfy my greed and enjoy these gorgeous squashes with my favourite pasta sauces.


To roast/bake just cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds, then drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper, turn over and pop in the oven for 1hr to 1hr-20mins,


For the best cooking results cook the oiled a seasoned squashed face down on a sheet of tin foil, this gives you the very best seasoned and steamed moist spaghetti squash results that you can use as a pasta substitute.


Once you have baked your squash, take the oil, garlic and chilli add to a saucepan and just slowly warm up, don't over heat or the garlic and oil will burn and be bitter, so keep below a simmer, then when ready to serve, take the spaghetti squash and fluff up the spaghetti filling in the skin or scoop out and pile high on a plate and drizzle over the gorgeous simple olive or avocado oil, garlic and chillii sauce.  If I am feeling naughty I will dress this with a few shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese...


No comments:

Post a Comment