9 Nov 2016

CREAMY MUSHROOM AND WHITE WINE STUFFED PASTA SHELLS

GIUSEPPE COCCO CONCHIGLIONI
This is such a naughty dish for me, firstly I love pasta and cream but my figure does not!  Nether the less the calling from the kitchen came a knocking and that naughty me was running the show...And when I go off grid it is in style...

 Half an hour later and I was in lip smacking heaven tucked up on the sofa with a big bowl under my chin enjoying this gorgeous rich creamy mushroom and white wine sumptuous saucy stuffed giant pasta shells, was it worth it, well after an evening of moaning I had eaten too much and then laying awake at 5am giving my naughty self the discipline talk, Yes, and there she is again!

Prep Time 10 minutes / Cooking Time 15 minutes
Ingredients
(serves 2-3)

1 300g pack Giuseppe Cocco Conchiglioni
1 small onion finely diced
1 fat clove garlic finely diced
1 glug olive oil
15g butter
10 mushrooms finely sliced
200ml dry white wine
500ml double cream
handful spinach
handful watercress
1 lrg pinch sea salt
1 lrg pinch fresh ground black pepper

Bring a deep pasta pan of water to the boil and season with salt, add the pasta shells to the water and set your timer for 12 minutes, meanwhile in a pan add the olive oil, onion and garlic and soften gently for around five minutes, add the mushrooms and the butter and soften for around another three minutes, turn up the heat and add the wine, simmer and reduce by two thirds then add the cream and simmer vigorously for a couple of minutes to thicken the sauce, lower the heat right down and season to taste, add the spinach and watercress and fold in just as you serve so they wilt just a little, season to taste with the sea salt and black pepper.

Drain your shells and toss in the sauce, a little pasta water can be added with the shells if the sauce is to thick, while the shells are in the sauce I spoon the mushrooms in to the shells for that extra sumptuousness in each mouthful, serve the shells with plenty of extra sauce and enjoy, I like a little fresh chilli on most of my meals, that is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment