8 May 2021

DISNEY’S SPRINGS ORLANDO BOATHOUSE YELLOWFIN TUNA POKE

Sumptuous sweet, sour, sesame, marinated raw yellowfin tuna served on top of a avocado guacamole with fresh mango, served with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce and microgreens.  

My all time favourite tuna poke, I have tried my best to replicate the Disney Springs Boathouse tuna poke, I get to go there on vacation with my family and it is virtually the first place we go too off the plane and bear in mind from our front door in the UK to our USA Florida front door is 4391 miles and 15 hours travelling that says it all!  My husband is all about the oysters, as am I but the greedy girl in me also wants the tuna poke as that has my heart or is that my stomach!  We always share our food choices but NO! not in the boathouse restaurant this is the one place on Earth so far, (and we’ve travelled and eaten in some great places and countries) that we have to order our own full choices regardless if we’re both ordering the same!  We return several times and enjoy much more of the menu too.

Marinade time 30 mins / Prep time 10 minutes 


Ingredients 
(serves 2)

MARINADE 
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 lime juiced
1/4 sesame oil
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
227g / 8oz yellow fin tuna diced

2 avocados mashed
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander 
1 ripe mango finely chopped
Sweet chilli sauce
Microgreens including coriander

There is one ingredient I don’t recognise and that is the red and white striped possibly reddish under the microgreens, I think from memory it may be a Japanese radish?  

First marinate the tuna in the soy, lime, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar, I like to start with the soy, add half the lemon juice, 1/4 tsp sesame oil and a dash of rice wine vinegar, this I then adjust to taste, I like to balance this marinade so it is not sour.

Leave the tuna to marinate for at around 30 minutes to much longer and the lime juice will cook the tuna (like ceviche).

Mash the avocados, stir through the mango and coriander reserving a tiny pinch for the sweet chilli sauce, seasoning is optional but because of the soy marinade I actually hold back!  Don’t faint!

To assemble I do use a large 5” professional plate moulding ring, fill half with the avocado and mango mix, top with the marinated tuna, remove the ring, top with microgreens and then pour a generous drizzle of the sweet chilli sauce around of the base of the plate, sprinkle a little hint of coriander and your done, enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment