22 Nov 2012

MARINATED LAMB NECK FILLET KEBABS

 
Lamb neck fillet marinated in ooil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper, pan seared fast to keep the lamb juicy and tender.  Loaded into a large pitta bread with raw onion, lettuce, white cabbage, garlic, Greek pickled chillies, a must have, mayonnaise and chilli sauce.  I love a good homemade kebab I want a messy mouthful so I get hot meat, crunchy onion, crisp salad, a bolt of chilli and creamy garlic mayonnaise with the comfort of the pitta holding all together.
 
LOVE MAKING THIS IN ADVANCE SO THAT ON OUR DATE NIGHT IF WE FANCY A TAKEAWAY WE CAN WITHOUT THE COST AND WITHOUT THE WORRY OF QUALITY
 
( serves 4)
 
Ingredients
4 large pittas or wraps
2 neck fillets trimmed cut into chunks
1 tbsp oregano
1 very lrg pinch of salt
1 lrg pinch white pepper
3 garlic cloves diced
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 glug ooil
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Sliced raw onion
Shredded white cabbage
12 Greek pickled chilli peppers
4 tbsp garlic mayo
Chilli sauce
 
 
Skewered marinated lamb chunks, makes for quick and easy cooking


 
Fabulous juicy top notch kebab without any concerns of quality, I have been making this for my husband and he is so happy as now we have instant kebabs on demand, and in the freezer.  I portion the meat and make the pittas and freeze them together so when he says he fancies a kebab I can say me too and we have a fairly healthy kebab with fabulous fresh salad and do not feel cheated in anyway, we have all the flavour and full control over the quality, perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment