21 Jan 2013

ALL AMERICAN BURGER (THE BEST) TOPPED WITH CHEESE AND BACON THEN LOADED WITH BATTERED ONION RINGS AND SALAD



You can not beat the soul satisfying comfort from a really good burger.  A burger in any form, from a simple cheese burger to a over loaded gotta stuff my face in that burger, they all deliver the same exciting pleasure from that first bite, and who cares if half the sauce is on your face, it is kind of what a burger is all about, I just gotta learn how to perfect the tuck'n'roll...

I love to have just a simple seasoned chucksteak burger but in my passion for flavour, I have experimented with this burger and I have tried a 3:1 ratio of fresh ribeye steak and chuck steak minced with some raw smoked sweetcure bacon, onion and seasoning with salt and fresh ground black pepper.  I love it, and to date it is the tastiest burger pattie so far.

(makes 4x4oz patties, 454g)
(I make 4 times this amount and freeze the spare)
 
INGREDIENTS
 FOR THE BURGER
150g  ribeye steak trimmed & minced
304g chuck steak minced
 4 rashers sweetcure bacon
1 small onion
Sea salt and black pepper

 
 
I like to mince my ribeye the reason for this is that I like to run the bacon and onion with the steak through the mincer so that the flavour is equal in every bite of the burger, you can easily chop the bacon and onion by hand and the only difference will be a slightly coarser texture in your burger.  I then like to mince the chucksteak for a second time with the minced ribeye, bacon and onion for a even texture, to test for seasoning I pan fry a tiny pattie, (cooks perk), and adjust if needed before I mould each pattie, to mould either roll your mince into a tight ball and squash or just fill a large jar lid, turn out and then pressed down to the thiness required.
 
ACCOMPAIMENTS
4 seeded buns buttered
4 slices Monteray Jack cheese
4 slices American burger cheese
8 slices dill gherkins
1/2 Iceberg lettuce fine sliced
Onion and tomato salad optional
100g Homemade tomato ketchup (search on blog)
(tiptree ketchup as good)

FOR THE OVER LOADED EXTRA ONION RINGS
16 thick slices of onion in rings
150g plain flour
50g fine polenta
1 tsp salt & white pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper
water or milk or beer to make a batter consistnecy
600ml oil for deep frying
 

These are really quick and simple to make, I mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the milk or water or beer until I have a thick dropping consistency, coat the onions in the batter and drop into the oil one at a time to fry at 190 degrees for a crisp batter and a soft sweet onion ring.

FABULOUS GARLIC HOME FRIES
6 rooster potatoes
2 large cloves of garlic
4 tbsp goose fat
1 lrg pinch sea salt
 

These are so quick and simple, all I do is rough dice the rooster potatoes and toss in some goose fat and then place in the oven for approx 45 minutes, turning once, 10 minutes before the cooking ends I throw in the chopped garlic.  These are one of my top top top favourite potatoes to eat, soft and fluffy centres with a squidgy bottom, seasoned and flavoured by goose fat and garlic, with crispy caramelised corners in all what more could you ask for in a potato

 

No comments:

Post a Comment