21 Jan 2013

BEST EVER GARLIC HOME FRIES

 
No effort for gorgeous potatoes, I love love love these, they are so full of flavour, roasted in goose fat they have a squidy soft goose basted bottom with a glorious fluffy centre and the tops are crispy, nutty and chewy.  The garlic is soften and nutty which just complements the potatoes perfectly.
 
INGREDIENTS
(serves 4)
8 large rooster potatoes
6 cloves garlic
3 tbsp goose fat
 
So quick and a no effort accompainment or side dish, just chop your rooster potates in rough equal chunks, toss in the goose fat and place in a pre-heated oven 180 degrees for 45 minutes, half way through if you want you can turn the potatoes, I don't always do this, but I find I get a better finish to the potato if I do.  Then 10 minutes before the end sprinkle in the rough chopped garlic, thats it !  I like to season with a good pinch of sea salt and love a cranberry and mayo dip on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment