10 Dec 2017

PEANUT BUTTER TURMERIC AND BROCCOLI SOUP

WoW
This is my new best winter food friend, I am loving the creamy sumptuous hug from my mug of this rich coconut, broccoli and peanut butter soup.  It is total addictive and one portion is not enough, I just have to go back for a refill!  I feel good that I am having a big portion of broccoli and anti inflammatory turmeric and my naughty side loves the full fat coconut milk and peanut butter, it just has to be...

Prep time 5 minutes / Cooking time 10 minutes 


Ingredients 
(serves 2-3)

1 head of broccoli florets
500ml chicken or veg stock
1 can fill fat coconut milk
2 tbsp peanut butter (no palm oil)
1/2 tsp turmeric 
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt 
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 tsp harissa chilli paste (optional)
1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped 

Place the stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, add the broccoli florets and cook until tender, add the rest of the ingredients except the harissa if using and the fresh coriander, bring up to a simmer then take off the heat and using a stick blender blitz until smooth, serve hot and finish off the soup with the coriander and a drizzle of harissa chilli paste, that's it, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment