13 Mar 2018

WOOD FIRED RIBEYE COWBOY STEAK

If there's something I love more than cooking in a skillet or Dutch oven it's cooking over wood with flame!  The flavour cannot be replicated, I think there must be some left over ancestral dna that makes my heart sing when cooking over wood flame.  This is a 32oz grass feed on the bone ribeye steak basted with butter and that gorgeous wood fired flavour, divine.

Wood Fired Rare Cooking Time 6-8 minutes 


Fire up your fire pit a good hour or two before you want to cook, you want a white log heat for cooking your steaks, stick some butter for basting in a enamel dish or small skillet and leave close to the heat to melt, I like to cook my steak over two heats so I will make sure my fire pit has a hot, medium hot and warm area, this way you can sear your steaks for a couple of minutes on each side ensuring you get that all important wood fired bark adding unbelievable flavour which is helped along by the fat and butter basting dripping down on the fire sending bursts of flames back up to ensure that wood fired flame flavour.

Then I move my steaks over to the medium warm side and cook slowly for a couple more minutes on each side, the steaks are getting a chance to start to rest while hot enough to still finish cooking to your liking.  Rest for a further couple of minutes before devouring.




No comments:

Post a Comment