22 May 2018

SWAMP STEAK BBQ

COOKING STATE SIDE
Gorgeous prime rib of beef slowly cooked over hot coals giving this steak a lovely flame licked charred pit beef burnt end crust flavour.
One of my passions is swamps, wildlife and alligators!  I find theses reptiles fascinating, scary and beautiful, I love the Everglades and being out on a boat or kayak, there is nowhere else I feel the trueness of raw untamed nature.  I admit to having many adrenaline wobbles with the wild life encounters, snakes, spiders and alligators but that's why I love it.  I love my annual time living in Florida with our own little part of swamp, lake and wildlife.

BBQ PRIME RIB
Cooking time 1 hr


Set your fire pit up and leave it alone until the pit has hot white coles or logs around 1 hour, now your pit is ready to cook on, season your prime rib with sea salt and black pepper, place the prime rib on the grill, turn every five minutes, this will keep  the burnt end crust from over charring.  For rare beef this generally takes 55 minutes cooking time.







No comments:

Post a Comment