3 Jun 2018

KETOGENIC DIET ZERO CARB PIZZA

Smashed Chicken Pizza Base
This so hit all the right notes, I wanted what I call pretty comfort food but did not want to lose my ketones by eating some carb craved pizza base, so I smashed some chicken in a food bag with my rolling pin to a pulp, very therapeutic for the week I'd had, placed my smashed chicken mince in a large bowl added sea salt, black pepper, dried chillies and some fresh chopped basil, mixed and formed a thin flat circle on my baking stone, placed another baking stone on top to keep the chicken flat while it cooked and baked in the oven for 15 minutes, then I topped my smashed chicken pizza crust with too much fresh buffalo mozzarella because I can along with some fresh tomato and Serrano chillies, popped my chicken pizza under the grill for a couple of minutes, finished with a fresh sprinkle of torn basil leaves and a couple of thyme petals and boy did this eat well, creamy just melted buffalo mozzarella with fresh tomato, chilli and chicken, so good.

Prep time 5 minutes / Cooking time 20 minutes



Ingredients 
(serves 1-2)

2 chicken breasts smashed in a food bag
1 pinch dried chilli flakes
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp fresh basil chopped
1 Serrano chilli sliced
1 tomato sliced
1 ball buffalo mozzarella torn
6 basil leaves torn

Pre heat your oven to 200 C / 390 F, take your rolling pin to you chicken and smash it until it is completely pulverised.  Mix in the sea salt, pepper, dried chillies and basil, turn out on to your baking stone and press out to athin circle, place your second baking stone on top sandwiching the chicken between, this will keep the smashed chicken base flat and crispy.  

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, remove the top baking stone and top your pizza with your favourite pizza toppings and pop under the grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese is bubbling, colouring up and melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment