24 Mar 2022

EGG BACON CHEESE BUTTERY BACON TOASTED MUFFIN WITH SRIRACHA

Cast Iron Skillet Cooking

This breakfast makes me embarrass myself ! 
This is my most favourite breakfast EVER !  Butter and bacon fat toasted sour dough muffin stuffed with gooey melty cheese, crispy sweetcure bacon, more cheese and a just over easy fried egg, finished off with a drizzle of sriracha, this is one lip smacking gorgeous, best eating in private breakfast or with people that love you !  Bonus this is also a one pan cook.


Ingredients 
(serves 2)

2 sour dough muffins cut in half
50g butter
1 glug olive oil
8 rashers sweetcure bacon
6 slices of melting cheese
2 free range eggs
Sriracha sauce
Sea salt

Heat your skillet medium hot, add the butter and olive oil once melted and foaming add the bacon and cook crispy or to your likin.  Remove to the side of the skillet or a plate, place the sourdough muffins in the pan to soak up the buttery bacon fat to get nicely toasted and crispy while soaking up all that flavour.

Remove from the pan, place a slice of cheese on the bottom piece of the muffin, next crack the eggs into the skillet and cook to your likin, I love a runny yolk but not sunny side up so I flip for just a few seconds place a slice of cheese on top of the egg then load you muffin add bacon then a cheese slice then the egg, sriracha and the top muffin, when ready to eat slightly crush the sandwich together breaking the runny yolk, take the tuck and roll approach and go for it, warning have plenty of napkins to hand and if I’m honest I don’t bother wiping my face until I’ve eaten the whole thing !  Hence only eat with people that love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment