21 Oct 2012

THE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE

The brownie, such a simple cake yet with such a personality.  My family apart from my nan, do not eat cake so when I married my fabulous husband, it was a shock that his family ate cake every day, and more than once a day so I have had to learn to bake cake, I still don't eat cake at all but I love to make them for my family, even though my husband says I just do not understand sweet, I do, it is I am just a savoury girl.  Some of my family love the crunchy corner with the softer layers towards the edge and some like to eat brownies from the centre of the brownie tin with no crunchy edges, such personal tastes is why I love to cook.
 
Ingredients
85g butter
1/2  tsp vanilla
225g caster sugar
2 eggs
3 tbsp cocoa
100g self raising flour

Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees.  Beat the eggs and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.  Place the butter and cocoa powder in a pan and heat gently, stirring until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined.

Stir this into the egg mixture and then gently fold in the flour.  Pour the cake batter into a pre-greased and base lined shallow brownie or cake tin, smooth the top level.  Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, leave to cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into eight squares and enjoy, I recommend making a double batch as I have learnt it saves time as when the brownies come out of the oven they seem to go very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment