16 Feb 2018

TACOS NO TACO ASIAN SPICED CHICKEN WITH MANGO SALSA

PALEO PERFECT ISH! 
Tacos have to be one of my most favourite go too's since going paleo, not always paleo perfect (sour cream or yogurt !) but almost, I try not to but have been known on a rare craving occasion to trade out my lettuce leaf taco for a soft corn or cheese taco shell going against my paleo leaf tacos but sometimes I just need that bite of naughtyness! Don't we all? I love it but it's almost but not guilt free with a hint of belly ache and chest wheeze I get to remind me I can eat what I want but my body works much more perfect when I don't! 

Prep/ Cooking time 30 minutes 



Ingredients 
(Serves 2-4)

500g minced chicken thigh meat
1 glug olive oil
3 spring onions diced
1 tsp grated ginger
1 clove garlic grated
1 red chilli diced
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (optional)
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt 
1 lrg pinch black pepper
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 raw beetroot grated
1 carrot grated
24 large salad and beetroot leaves
1 small bunch watercress garnish

Mango Salsa
1 mango diced
1 fresh jalapeño sliced
1/2 lime juiced
1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
1 spring onion chopped

To make the salsa combine all the ingredients together.

Heat your skillet medium hot add a glug of olive oil, brown the chicken mince when half way cooked add the spring onions, ginger, garlic, chilli, sesame oil salt and pepper, if using the sweet chilli sauce add this too, stir to combine and finish cooking the chicken mince approx a couple of minutes.

Assemble your leaves on your serving plates or family style platter, placing one leave of salad on top of another leave of salad making 12 leaf tacos, then spoon on the aromatic chicken mince and top with the grated beetroot, carrot and mango salsa garnish with sprigs of watercress and that's it super fast and wonderfully scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment