5 Nov 2021

JUICY LUCY LUCIFER CHUCK STEAK BURGERS

I like to use three cuts of grass feed steak to make the best burgers ever, a good level of fat to steak ratio is crucial for a really tasty and juicy burger, I like a 80 / 20 ratio but sometimes I do go as far as 70 / 30 on occasion!  My favourite cuts of beef are short ribs, ribeye and whole chuck steak which I mince in equal quantities.  I always mince my steak twice and with fresh or pickled jalapeños sprinkled in on the second mincing and sometimes I also run crispy sweetcure bacon and soften onions through the mince too!  For these Juicy Lucy’s well Lucifer’s I stuff a great burger melting cheese in the centre along with a generous amount of my favourite hot hot pain habanero sauce!

WARNING:  THE CHEESE IN THE CENTRE CAN BE EXTREMELY HOT !

Serve these juicy Lucy’s in a toasted buttered brioche bun with your choice of fixings, I like more cheese on top of my burger along with crispy iceberg lettuce, red onion, sliced tomatoes, more buffalo hot sauce maybe some mayonnaise and crispy fried onion strings.

Super Easy 
Prep time 15 minutes / Grilling time 7 minutes / Resting 5 minutes


Ingredients 
(makes 6 burgers)

The Burgers
500g diced chuck steak
500g diced fore rib
500g short ribs off the bone

Optional
6 rashers of sweetcure streaky bacon chopped
3 fresh or 1 cup pickled jalapeños rough diced
1 Spanish onion sliced and lightly fried
1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
6 slices of melting cheese for stuffing
1/2 bottle of habanero buffalo hot sauce

Fixings 
6 slices of melting cheese
3 large tomatoes sliced
1/2 iceberg lettuce sliced
1 red onion sliced
1/2 bottle of buffalo hot sauce
1 bottle mayonnaise
2 cups crispy fried onions
6 brioche buns
1 stick butter

Light your BBQ coals 30 minutes before your ready to cook or a griddle in the kitchen 5 minutes before.


Mince your steak twice and on the second mincing run the jalapeños through and if using the bacon and softened onions run through with the jalapeños, season with salt and pepper and mix throughly, divide the minced steak in to 6 and form in to balls, press your thumb down in the centre to make a well, fill the well half with hot sauce then place the cheese slice, fold or squish the cheese slices so they are the compact enough to fit in the centre of the pattie, bring up the sides of the pattie and mould over the top of the cheese, press slightly flat so the pattie in a even thickness.


Grill, griddle to your likin, I like just medium so I grill for 2-3 minutes on each side turning only once, a great tip is to move the patties once cooked to the warm area of the grill to rest for 5 minutes this will ensure that cheese centre is fully melted and a rested juicy burger.  Again Warning: The Cheese Centre Can Be Burning Hot this I can greedily confirm!  

I had a anaphylactic shock to wheat last year!  So for me I have to stuff my burgers in a iceberg wrap, still great but I do miss the days when I did have a toasted buttered brioche bun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment