18 Nov 2021

QUAILS EGGS HOW TO COOK PERFECTLY

Gorgeous little creamy quails eggs are a beautiful delight when cooked perfectly, the yolk to white albume ratio is the reverse of a chickens egg, you get a real burst of creamy rich buttery soft yolk and a little of the soft boiled white, I like to sprinkle a little celery salt on my quails eggs and enjoy them in their wonderfulness.  I also like to use quails eggs when making scotch eggs as I enjoy a smaller meat to egg ratio and they are so darn cute too.



I like my boiled eggs to be mollet which means that the are soft boiled with a just starting to set yolk, the yolk will run but slowly

Bring a pan of salted water to a gentle boil, lower the quails eggs in gently, simmer for 

1 minute 40 seconds for mollet
1 minute 30 seconds for for a runny yolk and just set white
2 minutes for set yolk hard boiled

Enjoy sprinkled with celery salt and eat whole so that you can burst the runny yolk for that intense creamy flavour hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment