18 Dec 2012

NEW MEAT SLICER, FUN FUN FUN...FILLET OF BEEF RARE PAN SEARED OVEN ROASTED AND SHAVED THIN READY FOR SALADS AND SANDWICHES

 
 
Pan sealed and ready for a quick spell in the oven


My new meat slicer, oooh such fun, very simple to do and 70% cheaper than buying from the local deli, fresher and cooked and seasoned perfectly to our choice of rare.
 

 
Gorgeous, rare pan seared and roasted centre cut of fillet steak

Ingredients

2kg centre cut fillet steak
Dash oil
Sea salt and pepper

Very simple and so easy to do.  Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees, place a large pan on the hob and bring up to a hot heat, rub the fillet in oil and then season the fillet beef with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, place in to the hot pan and sear each side of the fillet, you will create a fair amount of smoke, so don't worry it means you are creating fantastic flavour.  Let each side colour and catch a little as this adds to the flavour.  Once all sides are browned off nicely, place the fillet in the pan in to the oven for approx 18-20 minutes for rare, as above, if you want a more medium rare leave the fillet to cook for 26 minutes and if you want a more medium to well done then cook for approx 35minutes. 

I then remove from the oven and wrap in tin foil and leave to cool, chill for at least a few hours or over night is better and then slice slice slice!  You don't need a meat slicer, I know this, so a sharp knife is just fine, but I love my meat slicer as I can do the wafer thin cuts that I often do not achieve when I am carving with a knife.

My first recipe was to make a New York Deli sandwich the Reuben with Russian dressing...

No comments:

Post a Comment