26 Jun 2013

WOOD FRIED PIZZA OVEN CHRISTNING PARTY

FANTASTIC PIZZA COOKING PARTY
 
 
WAHOOO this is my first official full firing up of my wood fired clay oven and in true Kristi style why not invite all my friends to enjoy my fabulous wood fired oven! (eek) 80 pizzas to cook for all of them!
 
Watched a few videos on you tube on how long it takes to cook a pizza in an oven at 500 degrees.  I wanted to be able to let my friends and family order their own toppings and did not want people waiting too long for their pizza's as I was going to have around 80 pizza's to cook.  On average each pizza took 2-3minutes to cook and I was able to cook 2 pizza's at a time, the oven could take 3 but I found that a little hard to manage, burnt a couple of crusts here and there lol, but with practise I will master that. 
 
Brilliant run with the oven which was kept fired up for 10hrs as once we had finished cooking over 4hrs we then enjoyed the fire and warmth.  Learnt a lot from this pizza party all great.



 Order up !!!
For fun me and my son Oscar made a menu for the party.
 

 
Keeping the wood fired oven up to heat was easy once the oven had been going for a couple of hours, it was just a case of throwing on another log, this did whack the temperature up for half an hour or so, past 700 degrees, each time I did this I burnt the edge of the first pizza back in as it cooked in under two minutes and I was not paying full attention!

 
Such a magnificent sight and so pleased with myself for keeping the fire going all day long.

 
2 minutes to cook!

 
My west Indian habanero hot sauce buffalo chicken with gorgonzola pizza, beautiful!
The best pizza's ever, once you have cooked a pizza in a wood oven there is no going back, the thin crust dough takes on a whole new level of flavour from the stone floor and wood smoke and is a super crispy with a hint of chewy in the centre of the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment