22 Feb 2019

JALAPEÑO BACON WRAPPED POPPERS

Keto Poppers Nitrate Free 
Fabulous slightly healthier swap out for my most beloved crispy panko fried cream cheese stuffed jalapeño poppers, I do love my poppers, but I’m trying to find low carbohydrate way of having some of my favourite foods still loaded with flavour, these seem to be a winner as there are never any left when I make them for my family!  

Fresh jalapeños halved, seeds removed and mixed with sour cream cheese, I like Philadelphia, stuff the jalapeños with the cream cheese, toss in freshly grated Parmesan and wrapped in bacon, bake for 15 minutes and enjoy, these are a great alternative, not as great as a crispy panko fried popper, but still a good alternative.

Preparation time 10 minutes / Cooking time 15 minutes 


Ingredients
(makes 20)

10 fresh jalapeños 
20 rashers streaky bacon nitrate free
250g cream cheese
100g grated Parmesan 

Pre heat your oven 180 C / 356 F

Very simply cut the jalapeños in half long ways, scoop out seeds, mix with the cream cheese, stuff the jalapeños with the cream cheese, roll in the grated Parmesan then wrap up in the rasher of bacon, that’s it, pop in the oven and bake for 15 minutes and enjoy.

These are super quick to assemble and a great family treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment